Shahi Chicken Biryani
Rating: 4/5 - Votes: 7 - Views: 24184
Festive Biryani in which the delicacy of meat and rice flavored with rich spices.
Total servings: 8-10
Preperation time: 1 hour
Best for: All
How to serve: Hot
6 cups Rice (basmati)
1 kg Chicken
3 tbsps. Vegetable Oil
3 tbsps. Clarified Butter
5 nos. Onion (red, thin sliced)
3 nos. Potato (peeled and cut)
30 gms. Ginger (paste)
30 gms. Garlic (paste)
5 nos. Green Chilies (paste)
10 gms. Coriander leaves (paste)
2 tsps. All spice powder
4 tbsps. Yoghurt
4 tbsps. Tomato (Puree/paste)
3 tbsps. Red Chili Powder
2 tsps. Turmeric Powder
1 pinch Saffron
Salt to taste
3 tsps. Milk
23 drops color (orange recommended)
1. Marinate the chicken with garlic, ginger, coriander, green chillie, tomatoes paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, dry garam masala powder,salt and yoghurt and keep it aside for half an hour.
2. Cook rice separately (do not cook fully. keep it semicooked), add salt, sprinkle it with color and keep aside.
3. Heat milk, put pinch of zafran and keep aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in pan. Deep fry half the quantity of onions and all the potatoes till onion is golden brown.
5. Remove both from the pan and keep aside.
6. Fry the remaining onion in the same oil till slight golden brown and put the marinated chicken. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Take a separate utensil, put ghee and 1 tbsp of oil, half quantity of semicooked rice, all fried potatoes and half quantity of fried onions and milk of zafran.
8. Put the cooked chicken on top of it and then cover it with the remaining semicooked rice.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the fried onions.
10. Tightly cover the utensil and cook for another 10 minutes.
11. Serve hot with salad and lemon.