Lemon And Chili Rice
Rating: 3.5/5 - Votes: 3 - Views: 13994
The basmati rice with lemon grass and mango powder(amchur) and other spices is a light but tasty first course, with exotic scents and aromas enhanced by hot chili pepper.
Total servings: 5-6
Preperation time: 45 min
Best for: All
How to serve: Hot
1 tbsp of cooking oil
1 tsp of mustard seeds
5 to 7 curry leaves
Fresh red chilies cut into slices
Half an onion diced
The juice of one big lemon
1 tsp of lemon grass
Salt to taste
4 cups of cooked basmati rice
1 tbsp of (amchur, coriander, clove and cinnamon) powder
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, the fresh red chilies and the onions.
2. Let the onions turn slightly brown and then add in the cooked rice.
3. Stir thoroughly and then add in the fresh lemon juice, salt, the tablespoon of the mixed masala powder and the lemon grass.
4. Keeping mixing until the rice is covered in the aromatic ingredients.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. The dish is now ready to serve.